Recently, I stayed in all day as I was sick (read; hungover) and with nothing better to do to pass the time, spent hours googling vibrators. Not just looking for new and exciting vibrators to stock, but just to learn a little more about the buzz (excuse the pun) surrounding these objects.
And didn’t I learn something! There is SO much information on vibrators on the internet it’s not even funny. Some interesting pictures too, but I won’t go there.
So next time you’re sick (read; hungover), take your mind off the pain by enjoying these 10 interesting facts about vibrators, without even having to google:
- Vibrators were invented by doctors to treat ‘female hysteria’. I saw a play about this at the opera house last year with a good friend Lindy, at the time I couldn’t believe mere sexual frustration was enough to render a woman ‘hysterical’; evidently, it was;
- The ‘rabbit’ is shaped in the way it was, because it was invented in Japan where it is illegal to make sex products shaped like penis’!
- The sale of sex products often DOUBLES average monthly sales in the month leading up to Valentines Day – well done fellas, well done
- The best selling sex toy isn’t actually vibrators, but lube – seems we all like it to be a slippery little sucka’
- Studies have shown the use of vibrators actually increases sexual attractiveness, due to the release of pheremones and other ‘happy hormones’
- A survey in the states that showed around 50% of women owned and regularly used their vibrators – truly inspiring stuff
- Accordingly to the history books (which I don’t purport to have actually read), Cleopatra had 2 orgasms every day and used to ‘get off’ through shaking a box full of bees then sitting on top! thank goodness technology has made it easier for us modern day queens
- 8 out of 10 women who use vibrators use the vibe on the clitoris to
achieve orgasm rather than the usual method – my advice, try both ways
- Apparently, candles are the most common household object used in lieu of a sex toy. What the???
- If you have some serious cash to splash, the most expensive sex toy is a white gold dildo encrusted with 117 diamonds. As you do…
So there you go, I hope to have raised some eyebrows! And if you have a fact for me, I would love to hear it.
Naughty Miss Jones xx